We want to become the data integration (ELT, reverse-ETL, event streaming, etc.) standard that most companies use in the future. This implies that our open-source technology will support both ingestion to warehouses from any tool, database or SaaS, and distribution of data to any SaaS tools.
On top of that, we will build data quality monitoring, privacy compliance (GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, etc.), and enterprise features (role access/management, SSO, etc.).
Eventually, you should be able to build your own ELT platform internally, while having complete control over your data and costs (not indexed on MTUs). If any integration that you need is missing, we will make it super easy for you to build it and to use our orchestration and scheduling features for it.
We will stay at parity with the incumbent’s features (Fivetran, StitchData) at first (see our high-level roadmap), as our differentiation is on:
- open source, enabling you to add your own integration very easily and customize any pre-built one;
- data privacy and control; and
- volume-based pricing
There are a few key differentiating aspects to our strategy:
- Our core product is open source. This means you have the power to customize and extend any data pipeline.
- You benefit from the community’s contribution and support.
- We will be able to offer a wider array of data integration connectors. If an integration is missing, it is simpler to add it for an engineer than to build it on the side. Plus, you don’t need to wait for someone else's engineering team to prioritize it.
- We have a zero-friction adoption in small, midsize and big companies, as you don’t need to go through security compliance to start implementing our solution.
- Our pricing is volume-based and scales with your growth. And our open-source codebase will never contain arbitrary limits (e.g., event volumes, user numbers).
- You can leverage Airbyte for database replication without worrying about volume-indexed pricing.
- You can avoid any type of vendor lock-in.
Our team is composed of a growing senior engineering team and a community one, most from one of the highest-growing data companies in the world. We have already built 1,000+ integrations on high-scale volume projects. This is why we can afford our ambitious technological goals.
We are working closely with contractors on the frontend side and to help us ramp up the number of connectors. We are doing all the UI design specs in-house for the moment, though.